Premature greying is a condition in which the hair go grey at a younger age. Usually, hair gives away the black colour after entering the early 50s. However, some people have grey hair in rather an early age, because of some reasons.
Signs of premature greying
Once you notice some hair losing the black colour, you should be alert about it. Usually in the early 20s, some people notice their hair are getting grey. That is the time to get conscious about the problem.
What causes premature greying?
Medical experts are still not sure about the reasons of prematurely grey hair. The only reason that is trustworthy behind this condition is when the production of pigment stops.
Who are at risk of Premature greying ?
Anyone can get affected by premature greying of hair. Nevertheless, there are some factors that put someone at an increased risk of getting grey hair:
- Genetics : Having a family member who has suffered premature greying increases your risk.
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency : Another important reason that leads to premature gray hair is the deficiency of Vitamin B12. The absence or lack of this vitamin allows the graying process to happen faster and earlier.
- Thyroid Problems And Health Issues : If you have been diagnosed with any major illness or are suffering from some health issue over a prolonged period, then you can expect to see some premature greys. Also, people who suffer from thyroid tend to grey earlier.
- Lack Of Nutrition : If you are fit and healthy, your hair too will show the signs. And this will also help in postponing the advent of the greys.
- Stress/Hectic Lifestyle/Excessive use of hair equipment : This is not something that is entirely backed by science, but it is a known fact that todays life style may have a role in premature greying which is why greying of hair is a common hair problem in the present day unlike a few decades back when greying happened only to older people.
- Smoking : Some experts link smoking with hair discolouring. It is adviced to avoid smoking if you do it excessively.
- Expoure to the sun : Sun exposure is also a cause of disturbance in the colour producing cells. So, the people who are exposed to the sun for a longer time, are at risk of premature hair greying.
Prevention of premature greying
You cannot prevent the natural greying of your hair. It is inevitable, and will occur after you age. However, premature greying of hair is something that you can prevent by following some cautions.
With Dr. Nivedita’s vast clinical experience you can expect the most effective and latest solution to your hair concems .
What are the treatment option ?
- Identifying & stopping the trigger .
- Adding the right nutritional supplements , that are usually deficient in patient with premature greying .
- Hair tonics that control and reverse premature greying to some extent.
- Using chemical free, PPD free vegetable hair colours that are safe for any age group.
How do I go about it ?
Book an appointment with us through our website or call us on the number provided and we will be happy to help you.